Today I have a review on Stila’s Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm. This is the first BB cream that I try (read about my BB cream journey in my post BB Creams – General Talk).
I bought this cream at Shoppers Drug Mart for $50. It’s a bit more than what I like to pay, but it sounded like a good product so I gave it a try.
Here are the benefits listed on the packaging:
- contains innovative microspheres, which have been shown to hide skin imperfections and reduce the appearance of wrinkle depth by up to 84%
- infused with natural, skin protecting emollients which have been shown to increase antioxidant activity by up to 89.7%
- enriched with tripeptide-37, bamboo and pea extracts, which help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- long-wearing, high definition formula
- helps reduce pore size and provides oil and blemish control
- features an exclusive complex, which helps reduce redness and skin irritation
- uses the smallest particle size of coated pigments for seamless, smooth coverage
- luxurious beauty balm glides onto skin and leaves a silky, powdery finish
- ideal for all skin types and skin tones
- oil-free, paraben-free and dermatologist tested
Sounds pretty good, huh?
This beauty balm doesn’t really have a coverage, that’s why it’s ideal for all skin tones (as per point #9 above).
Once it’s blended in you can’t tell it’s there.
On this picture I have the Stila beauty balm on one cheek and my old routine on my other cheek. Can you tell which one is which?
I’m pointing at the cheek that has the Stila beauty balm. Did you guess right?
As you can see there is no coverage to this beauty balm. It’s not as shiny as my forehead and nose, but my old routine has more of a matte finish whereas this balm has more of a dewy finish. So I actually prefer my old routine over this beauty balm. (My old routine is listed in my post BB Creams – General Talk)
I used this product for 4 weeks. This beauty balm gives a dewy look to your face and it is not oily or greasy. But the coverage is not enough for me, I want more. The price is also more than what I like to pay.
So for me this product is not it, I will not buy it again.
It’s not a bad product, it’s just not what I’m looking for.
– Chantal 🙂