I’ve decided to start a new post series called Monthly Empties. Some of the blogs I follow do this and I love these posts. It’s another way to discover products since it showcases products that would not really be reviewed otherwise.
Since it’s time for spring cleaning I decided to do the same with my products and finish off all the ones that were kind of put to the side. As a result, this month’s post has LOTS of products. I usually don’t go through this many on a monthly basis!
This is a looooong post so I’ve grouped the products by function (body, face, hair).
- Aveeno – Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- This is my go-to body lotion, I use it all the time and I use it everywhere! If I was stranded on an island and I could only bring one thing with me, this would be it. I use it on my entire body (except my face) after every shower and bath. I use it on my lips when they feel dry. And although I buy all kinds of fancy hand lotions, this is the one that works best on my hands. I love it!
Repurchase? Oh yes! I always do, and I have backups.
- Bath and Body Works – Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
- I love BBW hand soaps, I have them in every washroom. This one was Dancing Waters and it smells really good. It has a fresh smell, it’s not fruity nor flowery. It’s actually the second time I buy this one. I buy it to give my husband a break from all the fruity and flowery smells. 🙂
Repurchase? I always do, but always in different/new scents.
- Bath and Body Works – Shower Gels
- I LOVE BBW shower gels. They are the only ones I buy and I rarely buy the same one twice cause I love trying the new scents they come out with. These ones are Forever Red, Secret Wonderland and Sweet on Paris.
Repurchase? Yes, but always in new scents. I LOVED Forever Red so it might get purchased again.
- Premium Cotton Balls
- I use these to remove my nail polish. I get them at Dollarama for… I forget! It’s either $1, $1.50, or $2. 🙂
- Secret – Platinum Deodorant in kuku coco butter
- I completely forgot I had this deodorant until I was cleaning out my drawer. I loooove coconut so I had to try this one, and I love the smell! It works well too.
Repurchase? As much as I love the smell, I will not repurchase this one. I just find I have too many different smells on my body with hair products and body wash and all.
- Bioré – Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser
- I received this product in the GLOSSYBOX of June 2012. I really liked it and bought other Bioré products after trying it. The warming feeling doesn’t last very long, at the most I’d say like 3 seconds, but I love it as a scrubbing cleanser. The scrubs are fine, but still do a mild exfoliation which is perfect for daily use.
Purchase? I don’t need scrubs anymore because I now have a Clarisonic.
- Too Faced – Lip Injection Extreme
- I got this in January’s GLOSSYBOX. I already did a full review on this product so I’ll keep this one short: I love it! The pins & needles feeling kind of goes away when you use it on a regular basis. It’s still there, but I barely notice it now. I use this in the morning.
Purchase? I did when Sephora had their Beauty Insider 15% off sale because it’s pricy at $39 (CAD).
- Shiseido – Facial Cotton
- These are my favourite cotton pads! They are sooo soft. Yes they are pricy, but in my books they are worth every penny.
- Shiseido – Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam
- This is their line for oily skin. This cleanser leaves your skin squeaky clean – literally. I find it leaves my face a bit tight though, which I don’t like.
Repurchase? No, there is a better product for me out there.
- Shiseido – The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener
- This is their version of a toner and I really like it.
- Shiseido – The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
- This works well, but it stings the eyes if you don’t rinse it off.
Repurchase? No, there are less expensive makeup removers that work just as well.
- Shiseido – The Skincare Purifying Cleansing Foam
- I purchased this one after trying out the Deep Cleansing Foam. It also leaves your face squeaky clean, but unfortunately it leaves my face a bit tight as well.
Repurchase? No, there is a better product for me out there.
- AG – Recoil Curl Care Conditioner
- I bought this when I ran out of my Redken All Soft conditioner (systems were down and I had no cash on me). The other store I went to did not carry Redken, but I’ve used this product in the past so I grabbed it. I remembered that it smelled like an ice cream cone. It still does, but OMG it smells strong!!! I’m not used to that anymore because All Soft smells so light.
Repurchase? No, this was just a quick replacement. And as much as I love the smell of ice cream cone, it’s just way too strong for me.
- Redken – All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner
- I was looking for a new shampoo/conditioner and this one was recommended by the girls at Chatters, apparently a lot of them use it. I was not disappointed! I love the smell, it’s quite light. It also leaves my hair really soft. They don’t come with pumps so I bought some (which are now on the new bottles).
Repurchase? Oh yes!
- Sebastian Professional – Volupt Volume Boosting Shampoo
- I received this in one of the very first GLOSSYBOX last year, but I can’t remember which month (between Feb-May). It smells a bit strong, but still good and it reminds me of a product I’ve used before… I think it was Vidal Sassoon back in the 90s. Don’t ask me how I remembered that, it just kind of hit me when I smelled it again while writing this review.
Purchase? No, I love the shampoo I currently use (see Redken All Soft above).
PHEW! Did you make it through all of that?!? I had a lot of almost empty products lying around.
I’m really bad for putting products aside when I buy new ones. I’m too excited to try the new product, and once I do I don’t finish the one I already had.
Do you leave old products to the side after you’ve tried new ones, or do you finish them before moving on to the new product?
– Chantal 🙂