Today’s post is about my tea collection. Yup, nail polishes are not the only things I collect! 🙂
Zoë from Writing Whimsy is going on a No-Buy Tea Challenge and it has inspired me to do the same and go through my stash. I have a LOT of teas and I always tend to drink the same ones so I think it’s time I dust off some of those boxes in the back and start drinking them again. So I’ve decided to start documenting my tea tastings as this will give me an incentive to finish them off.
I don’t know yet if I’ll be doing monthly empties like I do with my beauty products or if it’ll be random, like when I reach 10 empties or something like that. I’ll see how it goes.
Sooo, let’s look at my tea collection, shall we?
I think most people are familiar with DAVIDsTEA. I love their teas! If you are not familiar with them, they sell loose-leaf teas of many kinds and flavours.
- Organic Silk Dragon Jasmine (green)
- Green & Fruity (rooibos)
- Mango Madness (white)
- Crème Brûlée (organic | caffeine free)
- Kiwi’s Big Adventure (green)
- Dreamsicle (organic | green)
I first discovered Lupicia back in 2007 when I was in San Francisco for a conference and I bought a few teas from them. They are de-li-cious! It is only available in the states, unfortunately, and they don’t ship to Canada either. Luckily for me I have a friend from SF so whenever he goes to visit his family I ask him to buy some teas for me. 🙂
- Tarte Au Poire (green) — I have 2 because my father does not really drink tea (my mother did), so he gave it back.
- Rose Hip Tea (rose hip) — This was a freebie and I really don’t like it. Any takers?? 🙂
- Afternoon Tea (darjeeling)
- Caramel & Rum (rooibos) — YUM!
- Sakurambo Vert (green)
Teaopia (now Teavana)
I discovered Teaopia about about 2 years ago in one of the malls in town. I passed by it and just had to stop in to see what they had. They had a few flavours that I had not seen before so I had to try them out, and they are delicious! They have since been bought by Teavana so I don’t know if they still have these flavours or not.
- Coco Caramel (rooibos)
- Devil’s Chocolate (rooibos)
- Chocolate Mint (rooibos)
- Mudslide (rooibos)
Asian Tea Samplers
I have no clue what brand these are. They came in packs of 8, and this is a mix of 2 packs (one white – given back from my father – and one black – mine).
- White Tea
- Rose Black Tea
- Jasmine Tea
- Pu Li Tea
- Orchid Tea
- Tikuanyin Tea
- Lychee Black Tea x2
Grocery Store Teas
These are random teas that I bought at the grocery store and I’ve had for ages.
- Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea
- Raspberry Thriller (herbal)
- Cranberry (herbal)
- Classic India Spice (herbal)
- Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut (herbal)
- Raspberry Ginger Tea (herbal)
- French Vanilla (black)
- Peach & Passion Fruit (herbal)
- Chamomile (herbal)
- Orange Pekoe — from my father
- Rooibos with Lemon Flavouring — from my father, and he gave me 2 boxes
- Apple & Raspberry (herbal)
- Red Berry (rooibos)
- Wild Jumbleberry (herbal)
- English Breakfast Tea — received as a gift
- Ginger Pieces (green decaf) — from my father
In the evening I drink herbal teas, and sometimes I like some that are supposed to “help” with sleep. Do they really work? I don’t know, but I like them and find them calming.
- Peace Tea
- Nighty Night
These teas were purchased by my husband because he uses these in gravy recipes. I guess it’s good to have them around in case guests aren’t in to my other types of teas.
- Both are Orange Pekoe
I won’t list them all, but these are all individual sachets that I purchased here and there.
My Work Stash
I also keep some teas at work.
- Vanilla Oolong
- Think-O2 — I have no clue why I bought this!
- Individual Sachets
- Green Tea with Brown Rice — love this one!
I used to buy all kinds of teas, as you can see, but now I buy mainly loose-leaf teas (green, white, rooibos, oolong). They are loaded with antioxidants and all have various health benefits.
My favourite is jasmine tea – which I was sipping on while taking all of these pictures.
Do you drink tea as well?
– Chantal 🙂
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.