Another month has gone by so it’s time for another post of Monthly Empties! Let’s see what I finished off in June…
There are still some repeat products this month, but most of them are new products. And, once again they are divided by body, face, and hair.
- Aveeno – Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Yup, it’s here for the 3rd month in a row. It’s my favourite body lotion and my #1 product. You won’t see it every month at some point because I’m almost done with these smaller bottles. I usually buy the bigger bottles with a pump.
Repurchase? Yes! I always do.
- Bath and Body Works – Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
- Another repeat and one you’ll probably see every month. We have 3 washrooms in the house and they all have these soaps. I also wash my hands often, so they go down fast enough. These scents are Peach Bellini, Tropical Passionfruit and Warm Vanilla Sugar.
Repurchase? I always do, but in new scents.
- Bioré – Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser
- I really liked this cleanser, it worked well. However, it did leave my skin a bit tight afterwards, but as soon as I put lotion it feels better. It was not as tight as some other products I’ve tried though.
Repurchase? No. I tried another cleanser that worked better (which you’ll see lower in this post).
- Biotherm – Age Fitness Power 2 Smoothing Relaxing Eye Care
- This is the 3rd one I’ve gone through and I really like it. However, when I went to buy some more the packaging had changed and I only recognize this one by bottle, not by product name, so I did not know which one it was. I bought another product instead.
Repurchase? Maybe, we’ll see how this other product works first.
- Biotherm – Biosource Cleansing Micellar Water
- Total and Instant Cleansing Micellar Water All Make Up – Face + Eyes
This is a sample I got from Shoppers Drug Mart. I heard that they were good for cleansing so I was happy to get this sample. Well, it didn’t work that well for me. To fully cleanse my entire face I need to use at least 3 cotton pads, if not more, and my face does not feel as clean as it should be. So I mainly used this as a makeup remover before using my Clarisonic, as to not junk up the brush with makeup.
- Simple – Refreshing Facial Wash Gel
- This is another sample that I got from Shoppers Drug Mart and I loved this one! I’ve been using it with my Clarisonic and it works great. On the packaging it says kind to skin, non-drying. I can say that this one did not leave my skin tight after using it, yay!
Purchase? Probably. I currently have other cleansers to go through, but it’s definitely on top of the list for when I need more.
- Shiseido – The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener
- This is another repeat on my Montly Empties. It’s their version of a toner and I really like it.
Repurchase? Probably. I’m currently finishing off another product, and then I want to try a new one, but this one is definitely at the top of the list for when I need a new one.
- Spectro Jel – Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin
- I bought this when I was looking for a new cleanser, and it was also on sale. Some people rave about this brand so I decided to give it a shot. Well… I HATE IT! It is a cleansing gel and it does not lather up like soaps do, but that I was able to get pass it. It’s the greasy feeling that my skin has after using this product that I do not like. I understand that it does not strip your face of its natural oils, but my face still feels like a gunky grease ball after using this, yuk yuk yuk! This product is still 3/4 full so I will ask my girlfriends if one of them wants it. I just cannot use it.
- Suzuran – Attirer Puff (Facial Cotton Pads)
- I bought this product after reading Mimi’s post on Makeup Withdrawal. They are 100% cotton. They’re really good and really soft. Are they as soft as my beloved Shiseido Facial Cottons? I won’t lie, they are pretty darn close and some days I felt like they were. But in the end, Shiseido won for me. If you have easy access to these I would say go for it! I ordered them on ebay.
- Bumble and Bumble – Surf Spray
- I bought this a few years ago after reading about it in a magazine. I really liked the idea of beach waves without the crunchiness that you get from a mousse. It worked well for that, but… You know what salt looks like in dry form, right? It’s white. And I have long hair. Long hair with salt in them rubbing against a dark shirt = powdery white shoulders and upper back. Yup, I looked like I had dandruff. So I would recommend this for people who’s hair don’t touch their shoulders or back, because it does give a nice effect.
And that’s it for this month. Have you tried any of these products?
– Chantal 🙂