When I did my nails with Essence “My Treasure Island” it was the night before a friend’s baby shower so I decided to do a jelly sandwich for the event.
For those unfamiliar with the term “jelly sandwich”, it’s when you use a polish that is translucent event after a few layers (called a jelly polish), and you add a layer of glitter and/or stamping in between your layers of jelly polish. Since My Treasure Island is somewhat of a jelly polish, I decided to give it a try.
For this look I used, in order:
- OPI “Nail Envy” (base coat – not shown)
- Essence “My Treasure Island” – 2 coats
- Konad “White” to stamp on my ring finger and thumb with Bundle Monster plate BM-312
- OPI “Pirouette My Whistle” – 1 coat
- Essence “My Treasure Island” – 1 coat
- Butter London Hardware P.D. Quick Top Coat (not shown)
My Treasure Island is not as sheer as your typical jelly polish so the end result is quite subtle, but I still liked it.
Have you done a jelly sandwich lately?
– Chantal 🙂