Another month has passed so it’s time for another Monthly Empties! These products are what I finished during the month of July.
Is July really done already?!? Sheesh, this summer is just flying by!
I added some colour coding to my reviews. Green means that I liked it and will probably purchase (or already did) and red means I did not like it, or maybe I did but I just won’t buy it again for whatever reason.
- Alba Botanica – Body Cream in “Papaya Mango”
- This body cream smells delicious! And with its fruity scent it’s perfect for the summer. It’s a bit richer than my regular body lotion, but it absorbs quickly and leaves your skin nice and smooth.
Repurchase? Yes! But for the winter I will repurchase their kukui nut body cream which I had used before and smells like frosting, OH YUM!
- Bath & Body Works – Body Lotion in “Warm Vanilla Sugar”
- I think the BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar line is a staple for any vanilla scent lovers. Their body lotions work well, and this one leaves a nice sweet smell on your skin that lasts all day long. It’s not too strong either, but you get hints of it here and there as you move.
Repurchase? I already did, but like any other BBW products I bought different scents.
- Bath & Body Works – Shower Gel in “Honey Sweetheart” and “Paris Amour”
- As you know I always buy these shower gels, I love them!
Repurchase? I always do, but in different scents.
- Beauty Secrets – Pure Acetone
- This is my go-to nail polish remover when I need to remove glitters or hard-to-remove colours (like greens and blues). This is also what I use to clean up my cuticles after a manicure.
Repurchase? Yes, already did.
- Vitabath – Plus for Dry Skin Moisturizing Bath & Shower Gelee
- I got this from some friends who won a gift basket at Rexall, and given that they’re guys they gave me first pick on all the beauty products (yay!). 😀 I’ve never heard of Vitabath before and I really liked this shower gelee. I wasn’t too fond of the smell though, and I don’t even know what it smelled like, but I just found it to be masculine. However, I really liked how it lathered up and want to check out other products from this brand.
Purchase? Probably, but other products from this brand – check out their Cupcake Couture line, YUM! I hope I find these here!!!
- Clarins – HydraQuench Cream-Gel (Normal to combination skin)
- This was a sample that I received from Shoppers Drug Mart. I really liked this gel, and I mean really really liked it. It hydrated my face well without making it oily or greasy.
Purcahse? I want to, but the full size is $50, yikes! I’ll keep a lookout for sales because I really really want it… I might just end up buying it anyway. You have to spoil yourself sometimes, right? 🙂
- Institut Esthederm – Osmoclean Pure Cleansing Foam
- This is the brand I used before I went on a quest to find my holy grails for my face. They work okay, but I just didn’t find that my face was at its best. I put them aside once I bought new products, but now I’m finishing them up because I hate to throw things away if they’re not empty (unless I really hate them). This foam also doesn’t work too well with my Clarisonic.
Repurchase? No, there is a better cleanser for me.
- Philosophy – Purity Made Simple (Facial Cleanser)
- I got this cleanser in my Loose Button Luxe Box Summer 2013 LOULOU Edition and I loved it! I used it in the morning, in the shower, and it did not make my face feel tight.
Purchase? Probably. There is another cleanser I want to try first.
- Proactiv Solution – Renewing Cleanser
- A few years ago I tried the entire product line from Proactiv, but I had a bad reaction to it. My neck got all red and irritated and super dry and flaky, it was just too harsh for me. But I really liked the cleanser because it gives a mild exfoliation as it cleanses, so I would use it a few times a week.
Repurchase? No, I don’t need it anymore now that I have my Clarisonic.
This is the first time that I have makeup in my Monthly Empties!
- MAC Select Sheer/Pressed Powder in NC20
- I’ve been using this product for years and I absolutely love it! It mattifies my face and it also helps even out my tone a little bit.
Repurchase? Yes! I always have a backup.
- Skinfood – Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+ (colour #1)
- This is my favourite BB Cream so far and I already did a full review on it.
Repurchase? I already did, and I got both colours as well (which I will compare soon).
And that’s it for July! What products did you use up this month?
– Chantal 🙂
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.