I hope you all had a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!
This week’s theme for the Busy Girl Nails Fall Nail Art Challenge is Pink! Pink is one of the colours that I have the most polish of so there were many ideas I had in mind for this one. But in the end I decided on an ombre manicure because I have never done one before. And of course since this theme is pink I had to incorporate a pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness.
Here are all the products I used for this design:
- All fingers: OPI “Nail Envy” x1 coat as base (not shown below)
- Thumb: Essie “Plumberry” x2 coats
- Index: Essence “Sending You Kisses” x2 coats
- Middle: Kit “First Kiss” x2 coats
- Ring: Joe Fresh “Pink” x3 coats
- Pinkie: Oh My GOSH “Light Rose” x3 coats
- All fingers: China Glaze “Fairy Dust” x1 coat
- All fingers: Butter London “Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat” x1 coat (not shown below)
- Pink Ribbon free-handed with Essie “Plumberry” (after top coat so it won’t get blurred)
I’m really happy with how they turned out!
Many people confuse the terms “ombre” and “gradient”. An “ombre” is just like this, where you go from dark to light with a different colour on each nail. A “gradient” is when you go from one colour to another on the same nail (like my thumb, ring and pinkie in my beach nails).
I really had fun doing these nails! Have you done an ombre manicure before?
– Chantal 🙂