This is week 3 and the last week of the NailPolishCanada’s 2nd Annual Holiday Nail Art Challenge. This week’s theme is Holiday Memories.
The first holiday memory that came to mind was my mom’s Scotch cookies (butter Scotch cookies). She made those every year for Christmas and my brother and I always ate them out of the freezer cause we loved them so much! But I wasn’t sure how that would turn out on my nails, so the next memory that came to mind was Christmas dinner. It was always at my parents’ place and we’d have the family over. But once again I wasn’t sure if I could pull that off on my nails (turkey and all). Sooo, the next memory is that my mom always had the house filled with Christmas lights and I thought, that I can do!
So here are my Christmas lights nails! 🙂
The products I used for this are:
- OPI “Nail Envy” as base coat (not shown)
- Revlon “Jaded” as base colour x3 coats (it’s patchy and streaky)
- Zoya “Giovanna” as the string
- Blue: China Glaze “Frostbite”
- Purple: Essence “Break Through”
- Yellow: Sinful Colors “Pull Over”
- Red: China Glaze “Scarlet”
- China Glaze “Fairy Dust” as my colour sealer (to prevent streaks from top coat)
- Butter London “Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat” (not shown)
- Pure Color Nail Art brush #9
I was a bit ambitious with the number of lights I put on, lol!
It’s not my favourite art that I did, but I’m still happy with them. I learned that the loops aren’t the best to use with this kind of design because the inside lights are all crammed together, but oh well, you learn as you go right? 🙂
I would really appreciate it if you would vote for me. Select “chantalscorner.blogspot.com” from the drop-down list. Thank you!!! 😀
– Chantal 🙂
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.