It’s been quite a while since I posted my Monthly Empties, the last one was in March! I’ve been meaning to do videos instead, every three months or so, but that obviously ain’t happening so here are all of my empties since April! Going forward they’ll be done every 1-2 months depending on how many products I have. Oh, and they’ll be on the blog, not YouTube. Gotta face reality that videos just aren’t happening lately.
Anywho, here they are…!
= Loved it!
= It’s okay.
= No rating.
(R) = Repeat item
(Linked product names are links to my past reviews.)
There’s no rhyme or reason to the order of the products (not by month or category), they’re just all thrown in together.
1. Arbonne – Calm Gentle Daily Cleanser I used this one in the morning to help wash my face of the overnight accumulation of oil. It worked well and I can tell it was a gentle cleanser, but it just didn’t wow me.
2. BVspa by Bon Vital’ – Body Lotion in Pomegranate & Açai Berry This body lotion smelled wonderful! It was perfect for the summer with its fruity scent and lightness.
3. Caudalie – Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum This is from the Fall 2015 Luxe Box. I used this with my eye cream and did not notice any different in feeling or appearance.
4. MOOM – Organic Hair Remover I really did not like this product, it did not work well for me. I didn’t even finish it; tried it once and am tossing it out.
5. I Love… – Raspberry & Blackberry Bubble Bath and Shower Crème I used this one as a body wash since I rarely take baths. It took a bit more product than a regular body wash, but it worked well and smelled great!
6. göt2B – playful texturizing cream pomade This one worked great at texturizing my pixie cut.
7. Arbonne – RE9 Corrective Eye Crème It worked well at moisturizing my eyes, but it didn’t do anything for my fine lines.
8. Arbonne – Shower Gel in Fig Blossom This one is from the Holiday 2015 collection and was part of a trio with n°12 below and another one that appeared previously. This one smelled really nice, it was a very light floral scent.
9. AMOREPACIFIC – Future Response Age Defense Serum I really liked this serum, it smelled nice and made my face feel wonderful.
10. SkinFood – Shea Butter Lip Care Bar in Watermelon This lipbalm smelled great and not too strong, and did a great job at hydrating my lips.
11. Noyah – Vanilla Lip Balm (R) I got this one with my Ipsy points before I cancelled my subscription. I’ve used it before and really liked it so I figured it was a great freebie to get.
12. Arbonne – Shower Gel in Ginger Citrus I did not like the scent of this one, it smelled like plastic.
1. Garnier – SkinActive Micellar Water I bought this one to try it since it was new and it worked great. I honestly have not seen any difference between all the micellar waters I’ve tried, they all work great.
2, 3, 4. THEFACESHOP – Clean Face Products These were great at reducing my sebum creation during the day.
5. THEFACESHOP – Protect Me Hand Cream in 03 Ocelot Isn’t this container adorable?!? That’s the reason why I bought it! I’m not quite sure what it was supposed to smell like, but it was really perfumy. It wasn’t too strong though, and it moisturized well so I didn’t mind the scent.
6. Jelly Pong Pong – Lychee Gel Softening Shower & Bath Gel I got this one in my Spring 2016 Luxe Box. It smelled nice, but you could tell it was a fake lychee scent. It didn’t lather all that well though and I needed so much product.
7. Arbonne – FC5 Nourishing Daily Shampoo (R) This one cleaned my hair great and smelled refreshing.
8. Arbonne – FC5 Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion with SPF 20 (R) This is my go-to day lotion. The biggest reason being that it has SPF, and it also moisturizes well without being oily.
9. KMS California – Hair Play Dry Wax x2 I love this spray, and I mean I LOOOVE this spray! It smells amazing – it’s totally unisex, a great fresh scent. It holds great too.
10. Lancôme – Hypnôse Star Mascara This one gave a good oomph to my lashes, but it flaked way too much, and it raccooned too.
11, 12. Arbonne – Shea Butter Hand Lotion in Pomelo Grapefruit and Coconut Blossom These were from the Holiday 2015 collection and were part of a trio (the 3rd lotion has not been finished yet). They moisturized well and both smelled nice, with Coconut Blossom being my favourite.
1. Delon+ – Cotton Rounds x3 (R) I’m still going through the huge pack I bought at Costco!
2. Marcelle – 3 in 1 Micellar Solution (R) This is the micellar water I usually buy because I love the pump cap.
3. The Body Shop – Shower Gel in Virgin Mojito This one smelled great and lathered well.
4. Arbonne – Clear Future Corrective Acne Treatment Pads (R) These are great chemical exfoliants.
5. dr. brandt – microdermabrasion This is from Ipsy April 2014. I really liked the way it felt – it felt like a sand scrub, but very very fine sand. It also smelled minty and felt fresh on the face. I loved it!
6. Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Sophia I actually finished a lipgloss! I used this one daily this past winter/spring – I obviously loved it.
7. France Laure – Imagine Eye & Lip More Than Sublime Cream This eye and lip cream moisturized really well – a little went a long way.
8. Arbonne – Intelligence Daily Self-Adjusting Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil This shampoo worked well. I found I needed a tad more than the FC5 shampoo (seen earlier above), but it worked just as well. It did smell like tea tree though, but it wasn’t too strong so it did not bother me.
9. Tokyo Milk – BonBon Lip Balm in Sweet Cream I don’t even think I used this one 10 times. I’d put it on before going to bed and my lips would be so dry when I’d wake up. It did nothing at all for my lips other than dry them up. GARBAGE! It did smell yummy though, but that’s all it had going for it.
10. SeaRX – Micro-Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub This one is from Ipsy November 2014. I expected this one to be somewhat similar to the dr. brandt (seen above), but it was nothing like it. You could barely feel any scrubbing in it, it just felt like lotion. I didn’t even finish it.
11. benefit – it’s potent! eye cream I won this in a giveaway from Megan Joy last summer. It was great at moisturizing my eyes, they felt great.
12. yes to cucumbers – soothing hypoallergenic facial towelettes Honestly I’ve never tried these on my face. I bought them at Shoppers Drug Mart when I was colour testing some foundations so I could clean my hands and neck. And after that I only used them to clean up swatches. They worked great for that.
1. France Laure – REBALANCE Night Cream for combination skin This one smelled amzing and made my skin feel soft and plump.
2. Juara – Candlenut Body Crème This is from FabFitFun Winter 2015. I’m so sad that I finished this one because it smelled SO GOOD! It moisturized really well too. But that smell, SO GOOD!!!
3. Arbonne – Tahitian Coconut Lip Smoother and Lip Salve More products from the Holiday 2015 collection. These worked wonderfully at keeping my lips smooth, soft and hydrated. I’m so glad I bought a second set and I’ll be sad once I’m done that one. It smells SO GOOD too!
4. Shiseido – Facial Cotton (R) Oh Shiseido, my beloved cotton pads, I love you.
5. Arbonne – FC5 Purifying Cleanser + Toner (R) This used to be my go-to cleanser, it worked great.
And I’m DONE! Thank you for sticking around!
I won’t keep you any longer, just one question: what did you finish lately?
– Chantal 🙂