I hope you’re having a good weekend. Today is a sad day for my family as we lost a cousin early this morning. She was only 52. Let’s take a moment to remember those who have left us and are deeply missed.
Today’s manicure is another easy nail art for Christmas.
The colours I used for this are China Glaze “Running in Circles” and Milani “Hot Flash”. Since Hot Flash is a “one coat glitter”, I used Running in Circles as my base since that one requires two coats for full opacity, and then I used Hot Flash as the top colour.
I even did a picture tutorial! I’ve always wanted to do one of these and I figured this was an easy one to start with to test picture placements and nail zoom-ness and all. 🙂
- Apply your base colour (I used China Glaze “Running in Circles” x 2 coats);
- Apply top coat to seal in the colour and not have it destroyed by the tape, and wait until dry (I used Butter London “Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat”);
- Use tape to hide the part that you want to keep in your base colour (I used masking tape);
- Apply your top colour then remove the tape right away while it’s still wet (I used Milani “Hot Flash” in one thick coat);
- Clean up the excess polish with a brush or a q-tip dipped in acetone;
- Finish it off with more top coat (I put 3 coats to even out both colours since I applied “Hot Flash”quite thick).
And voilà! 🙂
I’m extremely happy with how they turned out! The red and green mixed together is already quite festive, and the fact that the polishes are packed with glitters just amps up the festive feel.
I hope you like them!
This technique can be used to do a variety of patterns. Let your imagination run free!
– Chantal 🙂
You may also like…
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.