It’s Monthly Empties time again, and my last post of the year!
I seem to be having a hard time posting these every month lately, so here is my beauty trash from the last three months of the year. 😛 Hopefully I remember my thoughts on all of them…
= Loved it!
= It’s okay.
= No rating.
(Links are to my past reviews.)
1. amie – gentle facial cleansing wipes These were provided for review but I never got to making a full post on them. They worked okay. I needed at least 3 to fully remove my makeup, and even then my face didn’t feel quite clean. I found them best for a pre-cleanse (with just one cloth) before cleaning with a face cleanser.
2. Arbonne – Pineapple Papaya Moisturizing Lip Balm This was one of their holiday products and I loved it! It smelled and tasted wonderful and left my lips smooth and soft. It’s too bad it’s no longer available – I hope they bring it back next year.
3. Bath & Body Works – varm vanilla sugar hand cream I received this as a gift two years ago and forgot about it. I brought it to work when I found it (I wash my hands often and keep hand cream everywhere). I love the scent!
4. Dove – Go Fresh Cool Essentials Anti-Perspirant in Cucumber & Green Tea REPEAT ITEM! This is my go-to deodorant, it’s the only one I buy.
5. essence – mattifying compact powder in 04 perfect beige I bought this to replace my MAC pressed powder that I had been using for years and it was perfect! If you need a new pressed powder that is budget friendly I HIGHLY recommend trying this one.
6. Garnier Fructis – Curls & Shine Mousse, ultra strong hold My sister-in-law gave me this mousse and I loved it! It worked great at holding my waves/curls all day long. It leaves a crunchy feeling in the hair, which I love and need for my hair.
7. Quo – Certified Organic Cotton Pads Honestly I don’t remember much about these… I didn’t buy them again so I think they were just okay.
8. Schwarzkopf – BLOW & GO “Thick” Blow Dry Spray I got this at Chatters when it was their free item of the month (with purchases over $60). I used it in combination with a mousse and found it added a bit of crunchiness and hold to my hair. I loved it!
9. Simple Pleasures – Vanilla Bloom Hand & Body Cream I got this product in my winter Luxe Box of 2013! It smelled floral and it was ok. It wasn’t super moisturizing so it’s definitely better for the summer.
10. Taylor Swift – Wonderstruck Scented Body Lotion I got this at Shoppers Drug Mart over two years ago as a gift with purchase and loved it so much I asked for the perfume for Christmas that year. It got hidden in the back of a drawer and I forgot about it – until I found it recently and finished it up.
11. The Body Shop – Deep Sleep Dreamy Pillow & Body Mist This item has appeared in my empties before – I love it! It turns my bed into a dream wonderland. It’s too bad that it was discontinued. 🙁
12. THEFACESHOP – Olive Face Wipes I really liked these. They did a good job and had a nice fresh scent. I still had to cleanse my face afterwards (I always do with wipes), but these were really good.
1. Arbonne – FC5 Invigorating Body Cleanser This is a moisturizing body cleanser and it works great. You really don’t need a lot either.
2. Cetaphil – Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths I won these from Zoë (Writing Whimsy) and I absolutely loved them! They’re hands down my favourite face wipes so far. I still need to follow with a cleanser, but there’s just something about these – they work better than any wipes I’ve tried before. I need to buy more, but I always forget to look when I go to the store.
3. Crabtree & Evelyn – La Source Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy I received this in my Summer 2014 Luxe Box. It worked great at moisturizing my hands. The scent wasn’t my favourite, but I didn’t hate it either.
4. Delon – Premium Cotton Rounds I bought a huge pack of these at Costco. They’re great for removing nail polish because they don’t create cotton dandruff as I like to call it, lol! I’ve also been using them on my face and they’re good for that too.
5. Marcelle – 3 in 1 Micellar Solution I love micellar water and this one was great! I really like that it comes with a pump, it makes it so much easier to use. I bought this again.
6. Tigi – Bed Head Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl Spray I’ve had this for quite a while and really started using it after I finished the Schwarzkopf spray that was in my October empties above. This one gives a really strong crunchy finish, but it held my curls great.
1. amie – very gentle eye make-up remover This is another product that was sent for review and I never got around to making a full post on it. It’s not a bad make-up remover, but I don’t find it’s very gentle. It’s gentle, but if I over-saturate my cotton pad and it seeps in to my eye it will sting. It also has a bit of a strong floral scent. I found it pleasant, but if you have sensitivities to perfumes it might be too strong for you.
2. Arbonne – Clear Future Corrective Acne Treatment Pads Since I stopped using physical exfoliators, salicylic acid is what I’ve been using and I like that this one comes with pads. I use this at night as part of my pre-bed routine and it feels great.
3. Arbonne – FC5 Conditioning Body Moisture This body lotion moisturizes my skin really well and leaves it feeling so soft.
4. Arbonne – FC5 Hydrating Eye Crème I’ve used this eye cream before and at the time I used too little and had to apply it twice (I’ve had this problem with many different eye creams). This time I applied a little bit more and it was great. My eye area felt moisturized and even though it’s not anti-ageing I felt like my fine lines were less visible over time.
5. Arbonne – FC5 Nourishing Daily Conditioner I love this conditioner. This along with the shampoo makes my hair really soft and healthy.
6. Arbonne – FC5 Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion with SPF 20 I love this lotion, it makes my face feel great without being greasy and it has sun protection.
7. Arbonne – RE9 Intensive Renewal Serum I’ve been wanting to add more anti-ageing products into my routine and figured a serum was a great way to start. This one makes my skin feel and look smooth.
8. Garnier Fructis – Ski-Hi Volume Volumizing Mousse, extra strong hold I bought this after I finished the other mousse shown in my October empties because that one was no longer available. This one worked well, but I preferred the one I used before.
9. Schick Intuition Advanced Moisture Razor – Razor Blades I finished the second set of blades that came with this razor. Actually the holder fell in the shower and the moisture ribbon thing around the blades broke. I was not a fan of this razor so I’m tossing it out.
PHEW! Did you make it through all of that?!?
Are there any products in these that you’ve tried? What were your thoughts on them?
– Chantal 🙂