Happy Mother’s Day!
I hope all moms are being spoiled today, and cherish every moment you have with your mother.
I’ve been nominated for a Best Blog Award by the lovely Karen from Karen Loves Nail Polish. Thank you Karen!!! If you’re not following her yet go check her out, she has really cute nail art.
This nomination was done a few weeks ago but I’ve just been so busy lately that I didn’t have the chance to do this. Thankfully we had no plans for this weekend, and we kept it as such. So here it is!
Here’s how this award works:
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blog who nominated you
- Nominate up to 20 other blogs with less than 200 followers
- Ask 11 questions for your nominated blogs to answer
Here are Karen’s questions for her nominees:
1. What’s the best thing about blogging?
The blogging community. There are so many amazing people out there that we would’ve never met if it was not for blogging – other bloggers and followers alike – and I love how we all support each other. I did not expect that when I started my blog.
2. What is your favorite style of nail art?
I don’t do nail art often, but I love glitter gradients. They’re easy, quick, and can really jazz up your nails.
3. Is there a nail shape you hate? And why?
Duck feet. I mean no offense to people who wear them, but I just don’t get it.
4. What is a pet peeve of yours?
Let’s see… I hate it when people drive slow in the fast lane. If you want to follow the speed limit stay in the right lane. And if you need to turn left wait until you get closer, you don’t need to switch lanes 5km before you turn. Right lane = slow, left lane = fast. 🙂
5. What are your other hobbies or things you do, other than nails?
My other hobbies other than nails are blogging (since my blog is not just about nails), making jewellery (see Jewel Pixie in the right column) and online gaming (The Lord of the Rings Online, yeah!).
6. How long have you been into nails and how did you get into it?
I always loved having my nails done, but I would only do them maybe once a year because I just didn’t know how to properly do them. In August 2012 I did them and posted a picture on Instagram. I got a few likes and that’s what led me to discover the huge nail community on Instagram. I then read others’ posts on nail care and tips and I was hooked!
7. What’s your favorite book?
I don’t know if I have a favourite book per se, but the author that I read the most is Laurell K. Hamilton. I follow both her main series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, and Merry Gentry, Faerie Princess turned PI.
8. What color of polish do you have the most? Is it your favorite color?
I think it’s a close call between pink and pastel turquoise, and yes they are both part of my favourite colours.
9. What is your system for storing polish?
I have a Helmer and I store my polishes by colour.
10. What is your favourite thing to do on a rainy day?
Other than doing my nails and blogging, I catch up on the blogs I follow, I game or I make jewellery.
11.What brand of polish do you own the most of?
The 2 brands I have the most of are Essence (25) and China Glaze (18). Nothing else even passes the 10 count mark. You can see my entire collection on my page All About Nails.
Here are my nominees in alphabetical order of blog name:
- Caitlin from Addicted to lacquer
- Melissa from Claw of Cthulhu
- Roxanne from LollyLou
- Ellie from Moustache Manis
- Sally from Sally Sayz
- Julie from The Beauty Bard
- Choi from The Choi-ful nail diary
- Angela and Jasmine from The Happy Sloths
- Lindsey from Wondrously Polished
If you’re not following them yet you should go check them out. They all have wonderful blogs.
And here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is your #1 beauty item?
- What food do you NOT eat and why?
- What is your favourite top coat?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you visit?
- What type of movies do you like to watch?
- What is your favourite flower?
- Do you have a green thumb?
- Mac or PC?
- What is your favourite type of ice cream?
- Sweet or salty?
- Colours or nudes on your toes?
– Chantal 🙂
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.