I hope you had a nice weekend. It sure was great to see some sun around here, and the snow was melting away today, whoohoo!
NailPolishCanada is having an Easter Nail Art Challenge and I’ve been wanting to do some cutsie flower nail art for spring so I decided to do them with Easter colours. The combination of purple, pink and yellow always feels like Easter to me so I decided to go with that.
The products I used are:
- Sinful Colors “White on White” – 2 coats
- Kit “Spring Awakening” – purple flowers with yellow dotter
- Kit “First Kiss” – pink flowers with yellow dotter
- Essence “Destination Sunshine” – yellow dots with green dotter (it’s smaller)
- Essence “The Green & The Grunge” – leaves with brush
- Nubar “Diamont” topcoat – 1 thick coat (to prevent streaks)
Did you notice that I did not mention a base coat? This was actually my 3rd time doing my nails! The first 2 base colours I tried were way too sheer and streaky, even after 3 coats, so I finally switched to Sinful Colors “White on White” and decided to skip the base coat cause I just wanted to get them done! It’s not like it’s a green or blue base that could stain – now THAT I would’ve used a base coat for!
When all is said and done I’m extremely happy with how they turned out! 🙂
It would mean a lot if you voted for me. Simply choose “chantalscorner.blogspot.ca” from the drop-down and that’s it! Thank you!!! 😀
What kind of nail art do you like to do for spring and Easter?
– Chantal 🙂
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.