Welcome to my first beauty trash post of 2020! 😆 Can you believe that January is already over?! I know that a lot of people feel that it’s the longest month of the year, but I still feel like it flew by. I finished a few products in the month so let’s take a look.
= Loved it!
= It’s okay.
(R) = Repeat item
1. Burt’s Bees – Micellar Cleansing Towelettes I’ve never been a huge fan or cleansing wipes and these didn’t make me change my mind. I find that they leave a film/residue on my face that I need to rinse off asap. I’ve never used cleansing wipes with the goal of them being the only cleansing method; they’ve always been a first-pass to remove the bulk of my makeup and oil build-up. But still, I don’t like the feeling that these leave on my face. So I’ve been using them to clean my fingers when I do my makeup in the morning, they are very handy for that.
2. Clinique – Super City Block Oil-Free Face Protector, SPF 40 This is what I use as my facial sunblock when I do my makeup. It leaves a nice natural finish to my skin, and it helps give a coverage boost to my foundation so I use less foundation.
3. Delon+ – Cotton Rounds (R) I buy these in bulk at Costco, they work great. I use them with micellar water to remove my makeup, and I use them to remove my nail polish too (with acetone).
4. essence – micellar water This micellar water is VERY perfumy, and it seemed that the more often I used it, the more it smelled every time. It also irritated my skin. I could feel this slight burning sensation, but my skin never turned red or anything like that. I didn’t even finish half of it, and this is a small bottle. I usually love everything essence, but this product gets a hard PASS from me.
5. Marcelle – Micellar Water (R) This is the micellar water I always buy. It works great and I love the pump cap. I say the same thing every time it appears in my empties, lol!
6. Maybelline – FaceStudio Master Prime Blur + Smooth Primer This primer worked well under tinted sunscreen, but not under foundation. When I used it under foundation I would get foundation lines/build-up in my wrinkles. But under tinted sunscreen it worked great so I used it on my non-makeup days.
7. Neogen Naturals – Real Ferment Micro Essence This essence felt great on my skin. I put it in a pump/mist bottle and sprayed it all over my face as the first step after cleansing and it gave that initial boost of hydration that my skin needs right after cleansing.
Body & Hair Care
Dove – Advanced Care Go Fresh Cool Essentials Antiperspirant (R) I buy these in bulk at Costco, nuff said. 😛
Bumble and bumble – Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil I don’t remember where I got this sample from, and I didn’t even realise that I had it until I did some cleaning during my Christmas vacation. I use this line for my hair care (shampoo, conditioner, primer) so I obviously love the products. I will be buying this one in full size soon because I like to add it to my ends after my hair is dry.
And there you have it, my first bunch of empties for 2020. Have you tried any of these products?
– Chantal 🙂
You may also like…
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.