I couldn’t let Easter go by without doing some kind of rabbit nail art. I also wanted to go simple and a single bunny face was just perfect! This also gave me the chance to try an Orly nail polish I picked up at Winners last year, it’s called Frosting.
Orly Frosting is a very pale cream colour with a gold shimmer. The formula is a bit thin and streaky, I put on three coats and could have used a fourth coat in some places (you can see lines on my thumb).
For the nail art I used all of these products.
- Skinfood – Pine Nut Break Free Nail Strengthener
- Orly – Frosting x3 coats on all nails
- Joe Fresh – Pink for the nose and ears
- Sinful Colors – Black on Black for the eyes and ears
- Revlon – clear x1 coat over design
- butterLONDON – Matte Finish topcoat
- Pure Color Nail Art Brush no 9 – whiskers and ears
- Dotting tool – nose and eyes
After applying three coats of Frosting on all nails, I created the eyes and nose with the small end of the dotting tool. Then I used the nail art brush to create the whiskers and the outer ears in black. I then filled them in in pink with the same (cleaned) brush. Next, I sealed in my design with the clear polish (which still streaked a bit cause I went over the same areas twice) and finished it all off with a matte topcoat.
Freehand designs aren’t my forte, but I still try and I’m really happy with my little bunny.
I really like how Frosting looks with a matte top coat… I’m really into matte nails lately, have you noticed? Anywho, I’m really liking Frosting, but next time I think I’ll try it over a white base to help get rid of the streaks.
Did you do any nail art for Easter?
– Chantal 🙂