It’s Easter this weekend, are you ready? I’m planning an egg hunt for my daughter for the first time so it should be fun. And of course, I couldn’t let Easter go by without doing some nail art! I wanted to do some speckled Easter eggs and here they are!
I had to use lots of products for this nail art, obviously, and here they all are!
- Skinfood – Pine Nut Break Free Nail Strengthener
- MoYou London – Banana Ice (yellow) x3 coats on my thumbs
- China Glaze – Spring Jungle (green) x2 coats on my index
- Joe Fresh – Pink x3 coats on my middle fingers
- Nature Republic – no 28 (blue) x3 coats on my ring finger
- China Glaze – A Waltz In The Park (purple) x2 coats on my pinkies
- Michael Kors – Desire (brown) for the speckles
- Revlon – clear x1 coat on all fingers (at the end)
- butterLONDON – Matte Finish topcoat
- Fan brush to create the speckles
After applying the colours to all nails I used Marine Loves Polish‘s technique to do the speckles with a fan brush and it worked perfectly!
Once the speckles were done I let them dry a bit then I applied Revlon’s clear polish to seal in the designs. I had to do this quickly, and not go over the same spot twice, otherwise, it would streak the speckles. Then I went over all nails with the Matte topcoat. The reason why I use a clear polish before the top coat is because I sometimes like to do multiple swipes with the topcoat to make sure it’s all nice and even, and doing so will streak the nail art. So with the clear polish, I can be quick and messy, then take my time with the topcoat.
I’m trying to find a new hand pose when doing nail art, what do you think of this one? My fingers won’t cooperate to do other “famous” poses, lol!
I’m EXTREMELY happy with how these turned out! When I showed my husband he knew right away what they were. So if my husband knows what my nails represent then I call this a success, lol!
This nail art is SUPER easy to do! Would you try it?
– Chantal 🙂