Happy New Year everone! Can you believe we’re already in 2019?!? Apparently the older you get the faster time goes, and I ain’t getting any younger! 😛 I rang in the new year at my friends’ place and they had an 80s themed party. If you follow me on Instagram then you may have seen my look for the night, and I thought I’d share my makeup with you all.
My inspiration was Madonna, and more specifically this picture. I wanted something bright and bold and totally 80s!
(PR samples are identified with an asterisk *.)
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray to prime eyes
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk as base for colours
- Wet’n’Wild Poster Child palette* with the turquoise eyelid colour on and above lid (over white base)
- Wet’n’Wild Poster Child palette* with the pink crease colour above the green and on bottom lid (over white base)
- Stila eyeshadow in passionate* on brow bone (NO white base)
- Nu Colour Curl & Lash Mascara
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown to define brows
- Benefit Gimme Brow (shade 3) on top of brow pencil
- Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 as base/foundation
- MAC Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation (NC15) on cheeks, chin, and nose to hide extra redness
- NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder over entire face to seal in base
- essence mosaic compact powder (sunkissed beauty) on temples/forehead and on cheeks (instead of blush)
- Lord & Berry black kohl liner for beauty mark
- Avon True Colour Lipstick in Fearless Fuchsia*
Can you believe how good that turquoise eyeshadow looks?!? I was blown away when I applied it, and so excited because it looked even better than I imagined it would!
I don’t remember the last time I used so much hairspray, lol!
For the outfit I used:
- Black tank
- Black workout capris
- Black tutu (that I had bought for my pirate costume)
- Wristlets made from black socks that I cut
- Mardi Gras beads
And that’s it!
I was extremely happy with how this look turned out, and given that I missed Halloween due to the flu, this more than made up for it. I’ll definitely be reusing this for a future Halloween!
What did you do for NYE?
– Chantal 🙂
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.