My Monthly Empties are back, yay! I stopped doing them back in 2017 because I was trying to declutter my life and it felt like holding on to empty containers went against that. However, I keep bins in the washrooms to gather recyclables and it occurred to me last month that this was a way I could start sharing my empty products again! So, let’s take a look at what I finished so far in this new year.
= Loved it!
= It’s okay.
= No rating.
(R) = Repeat item
* = PR sample
(Linked products are to my reviews.)
1. Dollarama Exfoliation Gloves I prefer using exfoliation gloves over a shower poof and have been using them for years, but I can’t anymore. Long story short: I now have Dermatographia which means that any skin irritation give me hives and itches AF. While these gloves don’t give me hives, they irritate my skin just enough to make it itch like crazy and it’s enough to drive me mad. So I had to stop using them. 🙁 Things have been MUCH better since I stopped using the gloves.
2. Dove Advanced Care Go Fresh Cool Essentials Anti-Perspirant I buy this in bulk at Costco, nuff said. 😛
3. Love Beauty And Planet Body Wash in Coconut & Ylang Ylang My thoughts on this product have not changed; it smells great and washes well! I had stopped using it for a bit because I thought it was body products with scents/perfumes that were making me itchy (see Dollarama Exfoliation Gloves above), but it turns out that it wasn’t so I finished it up.
4. Nair Wax Ready-Strips for Legs & Body I had initially received these as a PR sample back in 2016 and have kept repurchasing them since so I think that says it all – I love them!
1. Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream I bought this sample in a combo with the Joyous Serum (below). It smells great and moisturizes my skin well overnight. I plan on buying the full size, but I have a couple of moisturizers I need to go through first. You will see this product again on my blog.
2. Antipodes Joyous Night Serum I fell it love with this serum at first use; it smells SO GOOD! And it gives my skin a good moisture boost for the night. I have since purchased the full size product.
3. Delon+ Cotton Rounds (R) These work great and I buy them in bulk at Costco. I use them to remove my makeup (with micellar water). I also use them to remove my nail polish.
4. EcoTools Facial Mask Mate* I’ve been loving these sponges (I’m on my last one now). I’ve been using these mostly as cleansing tools since I tend to do sheet masks when I mask and those don’t require removing any cream/clay/etc. But when I do other types of mask, I really like using these sponges to help remove them.
5. Etude House True Relief Moist Cream I only used this sample at night and got about three uses out of it. It moisturized my skin well and had a light and pleasant scent.
6. Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil This cleansing oil smells like fresh apples. It also does a great job at removing my makeup. It doesn’t sting my eyes, but it makes my vision blurry for a short period because it’s an oil.
7. Marcelle 3 in 1 Micellar Solution (R) This micellar water works great at removing my eye makeup and I love the pump. I always repurchase this one.
8. Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Lotion* I used this product this past month and it was always over the Atipodes Joyous Serum (above) so I can’t say how it would be on its own, but it worked great with my current skincare routine and kept my skin moisturized overnight.
9. Weleda Skin Food* This is a sample I received and loved it so much I bought the full size!
AG Deflect Fast-Dry Heat Protection Since I started colouring my hair last summer I’ve been using a lot of products from the AG Colour Care line, and this is the second of this heat protector that I finish. I really like it.
Babo Botanicals Lip Tint Conditioner SPF 15 in Wild Rose Unfortunately this lippie did absolutely nothing for my lips. If anything, they felt dryer than normal. I only used it a few times and I’m throwing it out.
MAC Lipglass in Cultured I used this gloss pretty much daily after buying it. I found it was the perfect colour with or without makeup. I need to get a new one.
And there you have it; my first round of empty products for 2019. Have you tried any of these?
– Chantal 🙂
Computer geek by day and super mom by night, Chantal loves to try products of any kind and share her thoughts with the world.